From experience, I know that when you are a workaholic + internet addict + social media lover it's hard to let go, forget, and disconnect for a few hours. And in the first few Sundays it will be hard and you won't fully enjoy your relaxation, but those feelings shall pass. Believe me.
Disclaimer || I am certified as the 'Lazy Sunday Gal' and I've been doing this for a long time now. Today, I felt like sharing what I've learned along the way, what works for me, what doesn't work for me, my favorite Sunday activity, and some good songs I like to listen while I do 'absolutely-freaking-nothing'. Shall we start?
It’s best to start out very easy, at a slow pace, and focus not on the intensity of your relaxation but on how long you’re really enjoying your Sunday. Start slowly and in small amounts of time. Do this for the first two Sundays, and if you want you can gradually increase your time. It will be hard to do nothing. But you will get there. So, you need to:
- Find an activity you truly love and keep postponing and make sure its a comfortable + enjoyable + relaxing activity. Why? Because after a hard working week, you totally deserve it.
- Find the best time in your day for your 'do-nothing' activity. Make it part of your Sunday 'lazy-routine'.
- Disconnect from all the 'dizziness' of your life + 'switch-off' from social media + forget your electronic devices and just be free.
- Put on some comfy clothes.
- Prepare your favorite beverage.
- Find a place to enjoy these moments.
- Smile, 'laugh-out-loud', dance, jump... and enjoy your day.
- Have no expectations of what kind of experience you should + or need to have. Just savor the moment, be kind to yourself, plus don't feel obligated to do this.
My tips || Make it a habit. Equip yourself with your favorite magazines. Listen to good + relaxing music. Go out and go check that cool restaurant you've been meaning to try for a long time now. Invite some family + friends. Have a brunch. Take a walk. Go to a Museum. Go dancing. Nap. Prepare your favorite drink. Be yourself. Laugh.
What I usually do on a Sunday || Sleep late. Take a long + lazy breakfast. Go for a walk. Read a magazine - Elle + Home Décor are my latest reading cravings. Take some photos. Listen to some music - Gisela João, One Republic, Queen, Florence + The Machine... and do nothing.
Warnings || Don't give up. Forget the pain of not 'being connected' on a Sunday. Be yourself. Remember how it is to love yourself. When addicted to these good feelings you'll enjoy your Sundays even harder.
So, when you can tell me everything by commenting below or sending me an email. I want to know how was it? Hard? Good? Are you feeling lighter, happier, freer? Remember that persistence pays. Be patient and watch your Sundays change from stressed to lazy quickly + happily.
Note || This article was written to make you laugh, just because it's Sunday.